5 Basic WordPress Settings you should configure
Hey Guys, Welcome back,
Today I am going to share with you my most recommended basic wordpress settings for first time user.
So far you had already learned.
Part 3: How To Install WordPress Theme
Part 4: 5 Basic important WordPress Settings to configure <You are here>
If you are a new visitor, you must check out this guide, you will learn many things for free.
And this is my last part of beginners guide to create a website.
So let’s get started.
List of 5 Basic WordPress Settings
- General Settings: Settings >> General
- Update Site Title and Tag Line (You can change site title here)
- Update Email Address Helps you keep updated with your activity on the website. Also you can recover the wordpress password if forgotten by using this email so keep It safe.
- Membership: Tick membership if you want anyone to register and write on your website. If not leave blank. You can also add users manually by navigating to Users >> Add User.
- Time zone: Update your current Time zone so that wordpress understands your activity better.
- Writing: Settings >> Writing
- Update Services: By default wordpress provides 2-3 ping list so update it. Here’s the list of my updated wordpress ping list to add on your wordpress site.
- Reading: Settings >> Reading
- Front Page Displays: You can Design your own homepage and select your new homepage here. Usually by default wordpress displays your latest posts.
- For Each article in a feed, show: I usually recommend “Summary”
- Search Engine Visibility: Do not tick this option, If you tick this option, your website will not be indexed through search engines.
- Permalinks: Settings >> Permalinks
- Permalinks are the displayed URL structure of your posts and page. These days search engines also checks your permalink displayed structure. I always recommend to change this to Common Settings >> Post Name.
- Delete Demo Content
WordPress already provides you with one demo post and page usually called “Hello World”. Go to Post and now delete that post also check with pages too.
So guys these were my recommended wordpress settings for first time users.
Also let me know if you have any questions.
Handpicked Topics To Read:
- Best Blogger Themes
- Best E-commerce Themes
- Free WordPress Themes
- How To Start Digital Marketing Business In India